Simply Stated Necklaces and more - check out my current inventory - for sale, of course - at www.etsy.com/shop/MtnGlen

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bird Inspiration

Nature is all around me, so much of my creative ideas come from my environment.

I take almost daily walks with my two canine companions on my farm.  I love to get out and experience what each day has to offer.  Many times it is a new, or favorite, bird.  I just love to be able to observe these beautiful creatures in their natural surroundings.

An idea came to mind...try depicting these birds in my one-of-a-kind necklaces. 

I love watching birds and I love making necklaces, so the combination was a definite option.

Below are my first two necklace designs based on two birds that I occasionally see and always totally enjoy...the Cedar Waxwing and the Eastern Towhee. 

The Cedar Waxwing is a sleek bird, I have never seen it with ruffled feathers, with beautiful red wing-tip accents and bright yellow tail tips...simply gorgeous. 

The Eastern Towhee is a tri-colored bird, mainly black (for the male of the species), but it has magnificent red-brown sides and red eyes.  The color combination is definitely a standout.

I hope to continue making more bird-inspired necklaces soon. 

Let me know what you think of my first two bird-inspired necklaces...




Yellow Marble and Yellow Jade Stones/Gemstones and Vintage Czech Glass Beads OOAK Necklace by MtnGlen - 'Sleek Cedar Waxwing'
Sleek Cedar Waxwing
https://www.etsy.com/listing/534818067/yellow-marble-and-yellow-jade?ref=shop_home_active_2


Red Agate, Crackle Agate and Black Obsidian Stone/Gemstone Beads OOAK Necklace by MtnGlen - 'Drink Your Tea Eastern Towhee'
Drink Your Tea Eastern Towhee
https://www.etsy.com/listing/521006806/red-agate-crackle-agate-and-black?ref=listing-shop-header-0







No comments:

Post a Comment